What do I need to know about The California Consumer Privacy Act?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) goes into effect on January 1, 2020. Key provisions of this legislation allow California residents to:
1. Know which personal data a company collects about them
2. Know whether or not the company is selling or sharing that data
3. Object to the sale of personal data
4. Access their personal data
5. Request personal information be deleted
6. Not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above privacy rights