How to check your speed performance
Here are the guidelines for running testmy.net speed tests and sharing your results with us:
1. Navigate to www.testmy.net in your browser. If you already have a testmy.net account, click Sign In/SignUp. If you do not have an account click Create Account. Note: You may need to validate your email if the email that you use to create your account is not a Hughes email account.
2. Sign into your testmy.net account. After signing in, verify that your username shows in the upper-right corner.
3. Click Auto Test.
4. Select the Combined option to perform both the upload and download test. Also, select every 5 minutes, to set the time interval between tests, and select 5 times, for the number of tests.
5. Select the appropriate minimum download and upload file sizes based on your HughesNet service. For Gen5 customers, the minimum download file size is 25 Mbps, and the minimum upload file size is 3 Mbps. For Gen4 customers, the minimum download file size is 25 Mbps, and the minimum upload file size is 2 Mbps. Lastly, for Gen3 or legacy customers, the minimum download file size is 5 Mbps, and the minimum upload file size is 1 Mbps.
6. Click the Start Automatic Test button. The speed test will begin and the following screen will appear. During this time, do not click anything on your screen.
7. After your speed test has completes, your results will be displayed.
8. To share your speed test results, copy and paste the URL that is displayed.
9. Your results also can be shared by selecting any of the options below. For example, if you click on the Image URL button, a dialog box will appear with instructions to select all, copy, paste somewhere.
10. If needed, click on Results to show your test history. Provide this link to HughesNet to speed up the troubleshooting process.