Prepare for Your Installation
Here is what to expect at your installation visit
Prior to the technician arriving at your home, think about where you would like your modem to be, and have the closest power outlet accessible. Keep in mind that it is best to keep the modem in a location with good airflow, at least six inches away from the wall. Also, ensure that someone 18 years or older will be present for the duration of the installation.
The installation window generally takes between two and four hours.
What to expect at your appointment:
Work with your technician to find the best outdoor dish location. If you ordered HughesNet Voice, have your telephone and cable available.
The technician will install your satellite dish outside your home and run a cable inside your home directly to your modem.
After installation, you need to activate your ordered HughesNet services.
What is included with a professional installation?
1) The HughesNet professional installer with install the HughesNet Wi-Fi Modem (with power supply) and will connect 2 devices, such as:
a. desktop computer (connected to modem with a HughesNet supplied LAN cable)
c. tablet (Apple iPad, etc.)
You can ask your installer to connect additional devices like home networks at an additional cost, payable to the installer. Speak with them in advance for a quote.
2) A HughesNet satellite antenna (dish), radio, and mount will be located with a clear line of sight to the southern sky and at least 4 feet 5 inches off the ground so that it is out of reach of small children. It also needs to accessible with a 24- to 25-foot ladder for quick and easy servicing should it ever be required. This is usually on the first level of the residence.
3) Up to 125 feet of RG-6 cable will be run from the antenna outside to the computer inside through a single exterior wall penetration to an adjacent interior wall. It will be terminated on the inside wall with a faceplate.
4) A grounding block is provided and the entire system is grounded to an NEC-approved bonding point.
5) All outdoor penetrations and water-resistant compression fitting are thoroughly weather-sealed.
Can the certified HughesNet installer hook up my home network?
Your installer will connect two devices during your installation appointment. However, you can ask your installer to connect additional devices like home networks at an additional cost payable to the installer.
Make sure you register your account on myhughesnet.com for access to various tools and easy online bill pay. Then, download The Mobile App to monitor data usage! Android | iOS
We strive to be a 10! Customer surveys are sent at random to ensure quality installations. If at any time during the installation, you don't feel that the service provided qualifies as a "10," please stop the installation and share your concern with the technician.
What non-standard installation items are not covered?
Customers sometimes want to enhance or customize their installation to specific requirements. Some of the more common enhancements are mentioned below. While they are not included in a HughesNet standard installation, these enhancements may be purchased directly from our independent certified HughesNet installer. All costs for non-standard work or equipment will be itemized by the independent HughesNet installer on the HughesNet Installation Reference Sheet and require your authorization signature before proceeding. These non-standard installation items include major customization on your HughesNet system that would require the installer to:
a. Spend excessive time onsite to meet customer-directed requirements.
b. Purchase special materials, molding, or cosmetic hardware to hide exposed cables.
c. Remove, repair, or build structures to hide or support the HughesNet System.