What should I do if I receive a copyright infringement notice?
Copyright infringement notices are sent to customers after they have been reported to have viewed, downloaded, or disseminated copyright protected material. This includes, but is not limited to, images, infographics, videos, and music. Hughes takes claims of copyright infringement seriously and is obligated to comply with the law.
If you have received a copyright infringement notice from Hughes but you believe this is in error, there is recourse. Submit a written notification to the Hughes Copyright Agent and include the following:
• Your physical or electronic signature.
• An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled.
• Your name, address, and telephone number
• A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of those materials.
• A statement that you will consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or if you reside outside the United States for any judicial district in which Hughes may be found) and that you will accept service of process from the person (or an agent of that person) who provided Hughes with the written notification of the violation.
Please send this information to the address listed here. You can also view Hughes’ full Copyright Policy here. Repeat infringers will not be tolerated and Hughes reserves the right to terminate those accounts.